Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forum upgrade?

Well it happened again, the forums get performing almost smoothly and we get another upgrade to break them again.  Okay, Admin spotted the problem with code tags and put a temporary fix in place.  That was good because without at least the text code the forums are of little value.  But a quick scan through the forums reveals other problems (not associated with Admins efforts) brought on by the new upgrade.  as far as I can tell at this point all it does is add more crap to the forum pages, some of which is broken, and all of it is crap that I for one, don't need and more importantly don't want.  I see absolutely no value in the social network sites and even less value in the forums having links to share on said social network sites.  That boils down to more clutter on the forums.  There seems to be some king of an image which is supposed to appear at each post as you move the cursor up and down the page.  Who knows what that image should be because it doesn't appear but having something follow my mouse up and down the screen is just too distracting.  I've made a post asking that someone inform me by Instant Message when the problems are rectified.  That brings it down to a very limited few who know how to contact me, and I indicated that I will be back when the forums are fixed or even rolled back.  I certainly hope there is no costs associated with these upgrades because the last couple have been more trouble than they are worth at any price.  For now, I'm gone.  I've had enough of this over the years, and as much as I enjoy being active in the forums, I see no reason to spend time in a site that is just going to annoy me.  Thanks to all who have supported me over the years and I hope to someday meet up with you again, and a special thanks to the AutoIt developers, past and present, for their efforts.

I will continue to blog here periodically and I will continue development of the PCRE Toolkit but there will be no notification on the forums about any updates.  They will be announced here as soon as the download file is changed on my site.
Goodbye all, at least temporarily.

No comments: